Submit this form when adding capitalized equipment (capitalization level of $5,000 and a useful life of more than one year) to the departmental inventory that requires a University of Iowa tag (see UI Operations Manual, Part V, Chapter 12). Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Capitalized equipment is found in the department, and belongs to the department, but doesn’t appear on an inventory report.
- Capitalized equipment is brought with a new faculty member joining the department.
- Capitalized equipment is donated to the department.
- Capitalized equipment is acquired from Government Agencies, etc. (and titled to the University of Iowa)
Do not use this form to add federal-titled equipment. To add equipment that is government-owned, use “Statement of Government-Owned Equipment Status” form.
If a University capital asset is located off campus, the Department should complete and retain a copy of the “Off-Campus Use of Property” form.
Please print legibly so all assets can be recorded correctly. The form provides space for reporting the addition of two assets. If you need to add more assets, please attach a listing providing the same
information requested in blocks 1 and 2.
For each asset to be added to the departmental inventory, furnish the following:
- UI Tag Number: leave this field blank if the asset has not been previously tagged
- Code: select one of the Addition Codes printed on the form, or select ”Other” and enter a brief explanation
- Description: enter a brief description of the item to be transferred (e.g., a noun with descriptive adjective(s) and vendor name)
- Serial # & Model #: enter the information as recorded on the asset
- Master File Key: enter the required MFK codes for each asset. Do not enter IACT.
- Amount: enter the "Fair Market Value" (equal to $5,000 or greater) if the actual purchase price is not known
- Location & Custodian: enter the building and room, along with the name of the person responsible for the asset
- 2 Signatures: the first signature shall be the Department Contact requesting/initiating the form and the second signature shall be from the Departmental Executive Officer or designee. Signature stamps will not qualify as either of the 2 required signatures.
Send completed form to:
Capital Assets Management Office
609 Jefferson Building
Questions? Please email the Capital Assets Management Office