- Use of the Off Campus Use Form (pdf) must be completed for any asset that is not on a campus location. Either Workflow or PDF form will be accepted at this time - please do NOT submit both forms for same request.
- Department Responsibility: The department completes and retains the Off Campus Use Form (pdf) for any asset that is off-campus for any length of time. For capitalized equipment, the completed form must also be sent to Capital Assets Management.
Do Not Use This Form to:
- Document off-campus use of Government-owned property under the custody of The University of Iowa. Please submit a Statement of Government-owned Equipment Status form to Capital Assets Management Office in order to document this change.
- Transfer equipment to another department within the University or to University Surplus.
Please print legibly so all assets can be updated correctly. If you need to list more assets than the form provides, please attach a listing showing the information as requested on the form.
For each asset to be updated, furnish the following:
- UI Tag Number
- Description: enter a brief description of the item to be transferred (e.g., a noun with descriptive adjective(s) and vendor name).
- Serial #: enter the information as recorded on the asset.
- Projected return date.
- In “Off-Campus Information” section, provide the complete address for the asset(s).
- Two signatures are required: the first signature shall be the Department Contact requesting/initiating the form and the second signature shall be the Departmental Executive Officer or designee. Signature stamps will not qualify as either of the 2 required signatures.
- The asset will remain designated as "off-campus" until we receive written confirmation of return.
When an capitalized asset returns to campus
Notify by email to Capital Assets Management Office and include the following information:
- Tag Number
- Date of return
- Updated location (building and room number)
- Custodian name
Send completed form for long-term relocation to:
Capital Assets Management Office
609 Jefferson Building
Questions? Please email the Capital Assets Management Office