Can I do an equipment CV?

Yes, because CVs move expenditure, they can be done in the year of acquisition as long as you do not change the IACT to or from a 6730 or 6740. Thereafter, to move assets between Departments and Sub-Departments, complete an “Internal Transfer of University Equipment Form”.