Submit this form to remove assets from the departmental inventory. If no tag is visible, there must be adequate serial # and description provided in order to remove asset from records. Either Workflow or PDF form will be accepted at this time - please do NOT submit both forms for same request.
Situations which may require using this form include (but are not limited to):
- Equipment has been cannibalized and parts retained to use for repairs.
- Equipment sent through Facilities Management requisition to landfill as junk.
- Equipment has been stolen (attach Department of Public Safety Investigation Report).
- Equipment appears on the departmental inventory report but can no longer be located.
Do not use this form to:
- Trade-in equipment for a new asset. The tag number of the asset traded-in for a new asset must be noted on the P-req when ordering the new asset in order to both remove the asset traded-in and apply the trade-in to the new asset.
- Transfer asset to another department. Initiate an “Internal Transfer of University Equipment” form if the equipment is or has been transferred to another department or sub-department.
- Request Surplus Removal. Complete a “Surplus Removal Request” form to request that University Surplus pick up equipment. UIHC Depts: complete a “UIHC Surplus Removal Request,” “UIHC Computer/Peripheral Disposal,” or the “UIHC Electronic Equipment Disposal” form.
- Record sale of equipment by department. After both sale authorization is received from University Surplus and equipment is subsequently sold, submit a “Surplus Removal Request” form to update asset records.
Please print legibly so all assets can be updated correctly. If you need to deduct more assets than the form provides, please attach a listing showing the information as requested on the form.
For each asset to be removed from the departmental inventory, furnish the following:
- UI Tag Number.
- Code: select one of the Deduction Codes printed on the form or select “Other” and write a brief explanation for the deduction.
- Description: enter a brief description of the item to be transferred (e.g., a noun with descriptive adjective(s) and vendor name).
- Serial #: enter the information as recorded on the asset.
- Two signatures are required: the first signature shall be the Department Contact requesting/initiating the form and the second signature shall be from the Departmental Executive Officer or designee. Signature stamps will not qualify as either of the 2 required signatures.
Send completed form to:
Capital Assets Management Office
609 Jefferson Building
Questions? Please email the Capital Assets Management Office