How to I know if I have a Government-owned Asset?

Federal-funded assets where title vests with a Federal Agency should be noted on the P-req. CAM should be notified of the addition of federal-furnished assets via the “Statement of Government-Owned Equipment Status” by the equipment’s Custodian or contract’s Principal Investigator.

CAM will note “federal-title” status in the asset management records and send a tag denoting the Federal Agency to the Custodian. The Custodian applies this tag near the University bar code tag.

In addition to the “Agency tag”:

For Federal-furnished equipment, CAM will send the equipment’s Custodian a vinyl tag with the designation “GFE0” to be affixed directly to the left of the University bar code tag. Special treatment of Government-owned equipment may be required to fulfill specific requirements of the Federal Agency grant or award. Normally, these “Government Tags” are furnished directly to the Principal Investigator, who is responsible for placing the tag on the equipment and notifying CAM. CAM is responsible for entering the tag information on PSAM’s federal pages.