(After opening, click View, then Edit)
Submit this form when requesting a transfer of equipment ownership/responsibility from one department to another within the University of Iowa. Either Workflow or PDF form will be accepted at this time - please do NOT submit both forms for same request.
If this is a transfer between 2 sub-departments within a department, the Departmental Executive Officer may sign once for both sides of the transfer or the two sub-department managers may approve each side of the transfer.
Do Not Use this Form to:
- Transfer expenditures for assets within the fiscal year of expense. When a department CV's expense, the Capital Assets Management Office will then transfer ownership of the asset to match the CV, no form is necessary.
- Move equipment to a different location or change Custodian. For these changes send an e-mail to Capital Assets Management Office.
- Request Surplus Removal. Complete a Surplus Removal Form (Hawk ID login required) to request that University Surplus pick up equipment.
Please print legibly so all assets can be updated correctly. If you need to transfer more assets than allowed for on this form, please attach a list providing the fields requested on this form.
For each asset to be transferred, furnish the following information:
- UI Tag Number.
- Description: enter a brief description of the item to be transferred (e.g., a noun with descriptive adjective(s) and vendor name).
- Effective Date: enter the date that the transfer will become effective.
- Serial #: Enter a reason for the transfer of ownership/responsibility.
- In Section A: enter information for the department/sub-department relinquishing the equipment.
- In Section B: enter information for the department/sub-department receiving the equipment, including Department Contact’s information, Custodian, location, and valid new MFK elements. Enter Org, Department, and Sub-department. You may enter a new Oact, Dact, or Cost Center, if appropriate. The new MFK transfers ownership and depreciation of the equipment. It does not “CV” the expenditure.
This form requires two (2) signatures—one from the Relinquishing Department and one from the Receiving Department.
Send completed form to:
Capital Assets Management Office
609 Jefferson Building
Questions? Please email the Capital Assets Management Office