Submit this form when requesting a transfer of capital equipment ownership from the University of Iowa to another institution associated with a departing faculty member or as part of a transfer of a grant.
If this is a transfer of federal-titled equipment, please attach a completed “Federal Titled Statement of Equip form (pdf)” form showing Grant Accounting Office approval of this transfer.
Do Not Use This Form To:
- Transfer equipment to another department within the University of Iowa. Complete an “Internal Transfer Form” form.
- Request Surplus Removal.
If you need to transfer more assets than this form allows, please attach a list providing the fields requested on this
- For each asset to be transferred, furnish the following information:
- UI Tag Number.
- Description: enter a brief description of the item to be transferred (e.g., a noun with descriptive adjective(s) and vendor name).
- Effective Date: enter the date that the transfer will become effective.
- Serial #.
- Model #.
- Enter a reason for the transfer of ownership.
- Acknowledgement Contact at Receiving Institution: enter the institution and their contact representative for correspondence regarding the transfer of ownership between the two institutions. This should not be the faculty member departing the University of Iowa.
- This form requires two signatures of University of Iowa staff. The departing faculty member cannot act as an approver.
The Capital Assets Management office will send a request for receipt confirmation to the receiving institution and return a copy of the updated form to the Department Contact.
Questions? Please contact the Capital Assets Management office