- Title to equipment purchased with University funds (excluding Agency Funds) through the University Purchasing Department or through a retail-sales center on campus shall be considered property of The University of Iowa.
- Equipment must meet a minimum capitalization threshold of $5,000 and have a useful life of more than one year.
- Equipment acquired with Agency Funds (currently Funds 950 – 997) cannot be capitalized and should not be purchased with a 6730 IACT.
- See Operations Manual Part V, Chapter 12
- For policies specific to UIHC Orgs 03, 65, 70-89, 93, and 94, please see the UIHC Asset Capitalization Policy (UIHC Login Required)