Asset Updates Form
This form is used to update building location, room number, serial number, and/or custodial name for an asset. **This does NOT transfer the asset to another department.** You must use an Internal Transfer form to move an asset to another department..
- Workflow Asset Updates Form
- Asset Updates Additional Listing - Template to attach to Workflow Form for additional assets
Addition Request Form
Submit this form when adding capitalized equipment.
Deductions Request Form
Submit this form to remove assets from the departmental inventory. Only Workflow forms (no hard copies) will be accepted after 6/30/17.
Internal Transfer of University Equipment
Submit this form when requesting a transfer of equipment ownership or responsibility from one department or sub-department to another within the University of Iowa. Only Workflow forms (no hard copies) will be accepted after 6/30/17.
If this equipment was originally purchased this fiscal year by a department and transferred to another department in the same fiscal year, this form is not necessary. Please webCV the original MFK under the original purchase order (PO).
Off Campus Use of Property
Submit this form when equipment will be considered "off campus." Only Workflow forms (no hard copies) will be accepted after 6/30/17.
Surplus Removal Request Form
Submit this form to remove property and send to surplus.
Title Transfer of University Equipment
Submit this form when requesting a transfer of capital equipment ownership from the University of Iowa to another institution, usually associated with a departing faculty member or as part of a transfer of a grant. If this is a transfer of federal-titled equipment, please attach a completed "Statement of Government-Owned Equipment" form.
Statement of Government-Owned Equipment Status (federal assets only)
Submit this form when:
- adding federal-furnished equipment
- changing custodian or location, including transfer to/from off-campus
- changing the Federal condition code
- adding Government-owned title to an existing asset
- requesting disposition
- transferring asset between contract accountability (grant/program code)
- Statement of Government-Owned Equipment Status (federal assets only - pdf)
- Statement of Government-Owned Equipment Form Instructions
Cam does not track non-capitalized equipment or usage of form. This form is for departments use only.